Have you ever heard of Lumpy Mail?
If you have, you’re a direct mail rock star and we applaud your promotional prowess! If you haven’t, don’t worry, I hadn’t heard of it either until a little while ago, so let’s join the rock stars and learn a little bit more.
Simply put, lumpy mail is a direct mail piece that has “an unexpected bulk”. This bulk is used deliberately to inspire curiosity among its recipients, with the goal of inciting higher open and response rates.
Branded promotional products represent a tremendous opportunity to increase the response rate of your direct mail piece. In fact, according to Statistics Canada, “89% of…[polled]…Canadians are likely to open an item that comes in the mail if it looks interesting or intriguing.” The following list is comprised of 10 products that are ideally suited to creating lumpy mail. To generate a real impact, remember to choose a product that fits well with your message, and always remember to include a clear call to action.
1. Stationery | CA8423 Recycled Cardboard Pivot Pad & PE4895 4-in-1 Pen Set
2. Auto Accessories | CP4879 Anti-slip Car Electronics Mat & CU4906 USB Car Charger
3. Technology | DA6561 Anti-Slip Electronics Holder & PE8248 Mini Stylus
4. Business Accessories | BL3669 Card Holder
5. Lunch Bags/Cooler | NW5779 Lunch Bag
6. Drinkware | WB8314 Folding Water Bag
7. Tote Bags | NW4060 Folding Tote Bag
8. Healthy Living | PD4962 Pedometer
9. Around The Home | V7294 Folding Vase
10. Travel | PL1922 Luggage Tag
Using branded promotional products to create lumpy mail has proven to be an effective way to increase the response rates of your direct mail campaigns. Think back to mail that you have received; were you more likely to open the lumpy mail first?
To continue this discussion and brainstorm more ideas, please contact your Account Manager, Sales Representative, or leave a comment below. For more information about the products listed above, please click here.